Monday, November 22, 2010

November 22, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

to celebrate, i have some little big news.
Last night my companion left on a bus, and right now im awaiting my new companion.
and he just flew in from Mexico City!
Im going to be his first companion in the ¨field¨
I feel sorry for him! No actually im really nervous. but in having sent me him God has told me that im ready (or as ready as ever will be) and i know that with faith, my personal lameness is of no importance. Its comforting you know? but if ever faith is tried, it is at times like these when God tells us something we ¨know¨ isn´t true.
Someone named Edgar was just baptized. When we explained to him of baptism a week ago, he said he didn`t feel ready, or worthy of such a large step, of such a covenant with God.
My companion told him that truly, no one is worthy of it. and yet God has told all to partake.

When He tells us we are ready, we are ready. and we know that he gives no commandment unto the children of men save he prepareth the way that they might accomplish the thing that he commanded. He couldnt, being just.

Edgar was being prepared long before we ever arrived. and im am blessed greatly to have been there as the light that he had within him met that of the fulness of truth that is the gospel. and they were and are the same.

I figure it is the same with all challenges that come before us. although we know we can do nothing, when our preparation and personal effort meets that help which is perfect a miracle occurs.
Edgar finds truth and we overcome.

well, i hope everyone has just a dandy thanksgiving,!
thanks for your super coolness! I going to go now!
bye! I love you!
Elder Albano!

No comments:

Post a Comment